Thursday, December 10, 2009

Walk in the Forest

I finally finished setting the twist on all of the Redwood Forest. It came out really well, my first really nice and even singles. The skeins are a bit of a mess right now since I still need to measure it. I'm not sure of the yardage since I was in a hurry to get it set. It was almost 4am at the time. :-P


I also set some of the teal Corridale, just to empty off all of my bobbins. It's a little rougher than the Blue Faced Leicester that I just finished up but it's just a lovely. The color is amazing - I'm thinking it'll make a great scarf. The picture shows the yarn a lot darker than it actually is.


I also started a Christmas prezzie for my lil sister. It's Vanessa Cater's Sunday Market Shawl, found on Ravelry. It's a really simple pattern but using Paton's Kroy Sock FX yarn with it's subtle color changes I think it'll turn out pretty well. I'm using a larger needle size than suggested and doubled the amount of cast on stitches to make it more like a wide wrap than a small shawl.

No comments: